August 4, 2016

Embraer Legacy 500 Overview (2014–Present)

Product Overview

The Legacy 500 was the first mid-size business jet with digital flight controls with full fly-by-wire. It is an extended version of the Legacy 450 model.

As of May 2016, 4% of the Legacy 500 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 96% new. 7.1% are currently for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 166 days.

Brief History

The Embraer Legacy 500 had its first flight on November 27, 2012 and was certified on August 12, 2014. A total of 45 Embraer Legacy 500 aircraft have been produced with 28 currently in operation and 17 in various stages of the completion process.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 28 Legacy 500 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (24) with 7.1% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Legacy 500 aircraft (58%), followed by Asia (17%) and South America (13%).


Highlights

Legacy 500 Interior

Performance

Two Honeywell HTF7500E engines power the Legacy 500, each offering 7,036 pounds of thrust and using 258 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Legacy 500 is 3,125 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Legacy 500 is 823 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 12 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 467 kts 865 km/h
Long-range Speed: 440 kts 815 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 4,084 ft (1,245 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,114 ft (644 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 72.8 Approach: 85.5 Lateral: 89.9

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 38,537 lb (17,480 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 38,360 lb (17,400 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 34,524 lb (15,660 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 26,499 lb (12,020 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 23,699 lb (10,750 kg)

Avionics

Rockwell Collins Proline Fusion

Resources

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Click Here to view all Embraer aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

 

Header photo courtesy of Markus Eigenheer.