June 20, 2018
The Gulfstream G550 is a large-cabin, ultra long-range business jet traveling at ranges in excess of 6,700 nm. It features up to four distinct living areas, three temperature zones, and a choice of 12 floor-plan configurations with seating for up to 19 passengers. The G550 is equipped with the Gulfstream PlaneView cockpit, based on the Honeywell Primus Epic architecture and display system. The PlaneView cockpit presents critical flight information on 14-inch (36 cm) liquid crystal displays arranged for easy interpretation. The latest in Head-Up Display technology integrated with the next-generation Gulfstream Enhanced Vision System (EVS) II. The aircraft is also equipped with commercial and military communications equipment to provide secure voice and data capability.
As of May 2018, 64% of the Gulfstream G550 aircraft were purchased new by their current owners, the other 36% pre-owned. 4.3% are for sale with the majority of those (79%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 133 days. Over the past 12 months, the Gulfstream G550 has averaged 7 full retail sale transactions per month.
The G550 traces its roots to the Gulfstream GV which was the first ultra-long-range large-cabin business jet produced, which began delivering to customers in 1995. Most notable about the G550 is its 6,708 nm range, made possible in part by the Rolls Royce engines powering it. Gulfstream acquired G550 Type Certification in August 2003. In 2003 the National Aeronautic Association (NAA) awarded its prestigious Collier Trophy to the Gulfstream G550 team for technological and safety advances. A total of 581 Gulfstream G550 aircraft have been manufactured with 552 in operation worldwide.