July 13, 2017

Embraer Phenom 100 Overview (2008-Present)

Product Overview

The Phenom 100 is a very light twin-engine jet that is produced by Embraer. It was developed from scratch as Embraer’s first Light jet. Embraer’s larger aircraft models have automated and simplified systems, rugged construction, and the ability to fix failures quickly when they do occur. These features are designed into the Phenom as well. The Phenom 100 is approved for single pilot flight.

As of April 2017, 44% of Phenom 100 aircraft in operation were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 56% new. 12.1% are for sale with the majority of those (78%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 229 days.

Brief History

In 2005 Embraer announced that it would begin development of Light Jets and at the NBAA annual convention in November 2005 Embraer announced that the light jet would be called the Phenom 100. The Phenom 100 first flew on July 26, 2007. It was awarded a type certificate from Brazil’s National Civil Aviation Authority on December 9, 2008 and the first aircraft was delivered days later on December 24, 2008. A total of 355 Phenom 100 aircraft have been manufactured with 338 in operation today.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 338 Phenom 100 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (316) with 7 in shared and 15 in fractional ownership. 6.5% of the 316 are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Phenom 100 aircraft (54%), followed by South America (29%) and Europe (12%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Pratt and Whitney Canada PW617F engines power the Phenom 100 each offering 1,695 pounds of thrust and using 99 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Phenom 100 is 1,044 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Phenom 100 is 212 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 5 passenger and 1 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 390 kts 722 km/h
Long-range Speed: 333 kts 617 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,123 ft (952 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,466 ft (752 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 70.4
Flyover: 81.4
Approach: 86.1

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 10,626 lb (4,820 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 10,582 lb (4,800 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 9,877 lb (4,480 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 8,554 lb (3,880 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 7,220 lb (3,275 kg)

Avionics

The Phenom 100 cockpit is equipped with the Embraer Prodigy Touch Flight Deck (based on the Garmin 3000) that features three displays – two primary flight displays (PFD) and one multi-function display (MFD). The Phenom 100 also has a FADEC (Full Authority Digital Electrical Control) system.

Resources

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Embraer aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.