August 22, 2018

Cessna Citation VI Overview (1991 – 1995)

Product Overview

The Citation VI is a continuation of the Citation III model, which was designed for optimal speed and utilized lightweight composites and smooth surfaces to cut down on drag. It can climb quickly to flight level and can cruise at a speed of 469 knots.

As of June 2018, 94% of Citation VI aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 6% new. 19.4% are for sale with more than half of those (71%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 441 days

Brief History

Designed as a more economical version of the Citation III, the new Citation VI model delivered lower operating costs plus good speed and range capabilities. It was equipped with a basic standardized avionics package and a generic cabin interior without the option of custom interiors. Unlike the digital autopilot of the Citation III, the Citation VI uses an analog version to cut cost and weight. The Citation VI was delivered in April 1991 and was discontinued in May 1995. A total of 38 Citation VI aircraft have been manufactured with 36 in operation worldwide.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 36 Citation VI aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (34), with 2 in shared ownership. None are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Citation VI aircraft (74%), followed by Europe (9%) and Asia (9%).



Two Honeywell TFE731-3BR-100S engines power the Citation VI each offering 3,650 pounds of thrust and using a combined 251 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation VI is 1,986 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Citation VI is 422 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 7 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 479 kts 887 km/h
Long-range Speed: 469 kts 869 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,030 ft (1,533 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,900 ft (884 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 82.2
Flyover: 93.8
Approach: 92.4


A. Maximum ramp weight: 22,200 lb (10,070 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 22,000 lb (9,979 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 20,000 lb (9,072 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 16,300 lb (7,394 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 13,300 lb (6,033 kg)


Honeywell digital SPZ-8000. Collins Pro Line II radios and Honeywell Primus 300L radar.


Of the 36 Citation VI in operation, 18 (50%) have ADS-B Out installed.


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view Cessna aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.



Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here