July 20, 2021

Dassault Falcon 900LX Overview (2010 to Present)

Product Overview

The large-cabin Falcon 900LX is the latest in the Falcon 900 series. This newest model offers an improved range and less fuel consumption than its predecessor, the Falcon 900EX. The addition of winglets designed by Aviation Partners reduces drag and thereby cuts fuel burn by 5% to 7% while also reducing time to climb as compared to the Falcon 900EX.

As of March 2021, 36% of the Falcon 900LX aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 64% new. 6.2% are for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 175 days.

Brief History

The Falcon 900LX is the seventh Falcon 900 series model built and was introduced as a performance enhanced version of the Falcon 900EX. The model was originally announced at EBACE in May 2008 and received certification from the FAA and EASA in July 2010. The first Falcon 900LX was delivered in 2010 and the model is still being manufactured today. A total of 82 Falcon 900LX aircraft have been manufactured.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 81 Falcon 900LX aircraft in operation today, all of these are wholly owned. 10% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Falcon 900LX aircraft (68%), followed by Europe (25%).


Highlights

Performance

Three Honeywell TFE731-60 engines power the Falcon 900LX each offering 5,000 pounds of thrust and using a combined 260 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 900LX is 4,650 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Falcon 900LX is 1,270 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 12 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 474 kts 878 km/h
Long-range Speed: 431 kts 798 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,360 ft. (1,634 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,455 ft (748 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 78.2
Approach: 90.3
Lateral: 92.1

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 49,200 lb (22,317 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 49,000 lb (22,226 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 30,864 lb (14,000 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 25,815 lb (11,710 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 44,500 lb (20,185 kg)

Avionics

Digital cockpit with Honeywell’s Primus Epic EASy II avionics system

ADS-B Out and In

Of the 81 Falcon 900LX in operation 93% have ADS-B OUT installed.

Derivative Models

Falcon 900, Falcon 900C, Falcon 900EX, Falcon 900DX, and Falcon 900EX EASy.

Range Report

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view all Dassault Falcon aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here
X

Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists
  • STAY CONNECTED

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.

  • STAY CONNECTED

    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.