November 23, 2021

Learjet 60XR Overview (2005 – 2013)

Product Overview

A derivative of the Learjet 60, the Learjet 60XR is a mid-size medium-range business jet and is the largest of the Learjet family. It incorporates new fuel-efficient engines, a wider, stretched fuselage, a glass cockpit, and a steer-by-wire nose wheel. Thrust reversers and single-point refueling are also standard equipment along with an updated interior including a full galley, together with an aft toilet.

As of August 2021, 86% of all Learjet 60XR were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 14% new. 5.4% are for sale with the majority of those (83%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 120 days.

Brief History

The original Learjet 60 was announced in October 1990 as the replacement for the mid-size Model 55C, from which it is derived. Production of the Learjet 60 ended in 2007 after 316 aircraft had been built. The Learjet 60XR was launched in 2005 with its first flight in 2006 and first delivered in 2007. Production ended in 2013 with a total of 114 Learjet 60XR aircraft manufactured. 3 have been retired.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 111 Learjet 60XR aircraft in operation today, all of which are wholly owned. 2.7% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Learjet 60XR aircraft (67%), followed by Asia (12%) and South America (12%).



Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW305A engines power the Learjet 60XR each offering 4,600 pounds of thrust and using a combined 204 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Learjet 60XR is 2,292 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Learjet 60XR is 447 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 7 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 446 kts 826 km/h
Long-range Speed: 423 kts 783 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,450 ft (1,661 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 3,049 ft (929 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 70.8
Approach: 87.7
Lateral: 83.1


A. Maximum ramp weight: 23,750 lb (10,772 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 23,500 lb (10,659 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 19,500 lb (8,845 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 17,000 lb (7,711 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 14,896 lb (6,757 kg)


Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 advanced avionics suite with four 8”×10” screens.


Of the 63 Learjet 60XR in operation in the US 94% have ADS-B OUT installed.

Derivative Models

Learjet 55, 55B, 55C, and 60

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view all Cessna aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.