April 29, 2022

Learjet 60 Overview (1992 – 2007)

Product Overview

The Learjet 60 was replacement for the mid-size Learjet 55C and was a mid-size cabin, medium range business jet. Thrust reversers and single point refueling are standard equipment, and the aircraft features a full galley together with an aft toilet. It also benefits from numerous aerodynamic refinements to its wing and fuselage, as well as larger aft stabilization delta fins.

As of February 2022, 93% of all Learjet 60 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 7% new. 5.7% are for sale with the majority of those (62.5%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 96 days.

Brief History

The Learjet 60 was announced in October 1990, just a few months after Bombardier acquired Learjet. The first Learjet 60 flight was in 1991 and deliveries began in 1993. Production of the Learjet 60 ended in 2007 with a total of 316 aircraft produced. 36 have since been retired. The Learjet 60XR was launched as the new variant in 2005 and ended production in 2013.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 280 Learjet 60 aircraft in operation today. The majority of those (273) are wholly owned with 7 in shared ownership. 3.9% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Learjet 60 aircraft (75%), followed by South America (10%) and Europe (6%).



Two PW305A engines power the Learjet 60 each offering 4,600 pounds of thrust and using a combined 231 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Learjet 60XR is 2,310 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Learjet 60 is 447 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 6 passengers and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 446 kts 826 km/h
Long-range Speed: 453 kts 839 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,450 ft (1,661 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 3,030 ft (924 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 78.9
Approach: 87.7
Lateral: 83.2


A. Maximum ramp weight: 23,750 lb (10,772 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 23,500 lb (10,659 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 19,500 lb (8,845 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 17,000 lb (7,711 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 14,772 lb (6,700 kg)


Rockwell Collins Pro Line 4 avionics suite.


Of the 191 Learjet 60 in operation in the US 94% have ADS-B OUT installed.

Derivative Models

Learjet 55, 55B, and 55C

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.