July 7, 2014

Cessna Citation X Overview (1995 – Present)

Overview including differentiating features from other aircraft in its category

The Cessna Citation X marked the beginning of an all new series launch for Cessna with the new 750 series taking over the well established 650 series which included the Citations III, VI, and VII. It was considered a completely new, made from scratch aircraft in all major aspects and not merely an updated or upgraded version of previous Citation Jet aircraft.

As of March 2014, the Citation X market is comprised of 44% New and 56% Pre-owned. The percentage for sale is 11.6% with 75% of that under an exclusive broker agreement and average days on the market are 253 days.

Brief History

The first delivery of the Citation X occurred in July 1996 to golfer Arnold Palmer. A new updated version called the New Citation X was launched in 2010. The New Citation X featured upgraded engines and advanced avionics systems. A total of 322 Citation X aircraft have been built with 310 currently in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 310 Citation X aircraft currently in operation worldwide with 240 wholly owned, 64 fractionally owned, and 6 in shared ownership. Of the 240 wholly owned Citation X aircraft in operation by continent, North America has the largest percentage at 80%, followed by Europe at 8% for a combined total of 88%. Also, 42% of the 310 Citation X jets in operation today are in fleet ownership with the largest fleet operator (Netjets) having 52 aircraft. Additionally, 11% of the Citation X jets are leased.


Citation X #179_Facing Fwd 6 JSPerformance

The Citation X is powered by two Rolls-Royce AE3007C engines each offering 6,764 pounds of thrust. The Citation X uses 298 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation X is 3,295 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Citation X is 620 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.


The Citation X Maximum Take-Off Weight (MTOW) is 36,100 pounds (16,375 kg) with a maximum range of 3,380 nm.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 514 kts 952 km/h
Long-range Speed: 470 kts 870 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,140 ft (1,567 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,730 ft (832 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 73.2 Approach: 90.3 Lateral: 83.8


A. Maximum ramp weight: 36,400 lb (16,511 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 36,100 lb (16,375 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 31,800 lb (14,424 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 24,400 lb (11,068 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 22,100 lb (10,024 kg)


Honeywell Primus 2000


Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view Cessna Citation aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.