October 7, 2014

Citation XLS+ Overview (2008 – Present)

Overview including differentiating features from other aircraft in its category

The Cessna Citation XLS+ is the third aircraft in the Citation Excel series. It is the updated version of the Citation XLS and features improved Pratt & Whitney PW545C engines and an upgraded Collins Pro Line 21 avionics suite. Exterior and interior restyling is also integrated into the new model, most prominently the extended contour of the nose and expanded seat widths.

As of March 2014, the Citation XLS+ market is comprised of 16% pre-owned. The percentage for sale is 8.7% with 57% of that under an exclusive broker agreement and average days on the market are 212 days.

Brief History

The first delivery of the Citation XLS+ occurred in 2008 and it is still currently in production. A total of 164 aircraft have been produced with all but three of those presently in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are currently 161 Citation XLS+ aircraft in operation worldwide with 159 of those wholly owned and 2 in shared ownership. Of the 159 wholly owned Citation XLS+ aircraft in operation by continent, North America has the largest percentage at 55%, followed by Europe at 28% for a combined total of 83%. Also, 17% of the 161 Citation XLS+ jets in operation today are in fleet ownership with the largest fleet operator (DC Aviation GmbH of Germany) having 7 aircraft. Additionally, 16% of the Citation XLS+ jets are leased.


Citation XLSplus interior JSPerformance

The Citation XLS+ is powered by two Pratt & Whitney PW545C engines each offering 4,119 pounds of thrust. The Citation XLS+ uses 211 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation XLS+ is 1,719 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Citation XLS+ is 461 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger and 2 crew seats.


The Citation XLS+ Maximum Take-Off Weight (MTOW) is 20,200 pounds (9,163 kg) with a maximum range of 1,785 nm.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 431 kts 798 km/h
Long-range Speed: 353 kts 654 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,560 ft (1,085 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,740 ft (835 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 72.2 Approach: 92.8 Lateral: 86.8


A. Maximum ramp weight: 20,400 lb (9,253 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 20,200 lb (9,163 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 18,700 lb (8,482 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 15,100 lb (6,849 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 12,800 lb (5,806 kg)


Collins Pro Line 21


Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view Citation XLS+ aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.