November 26, 2014

Hawker 1000B Overview (1991 – 2000)

Overview including differentiating features from other aircraft in its category

The Hawker 1000B was developed as a longer range version of the Hawker 800 series model and has a 33 inch fuselage stretch accommodating a larger ventral fuel holding nearly 200 additional gallons.

Also noteworthy is that the Hawker 1000 model marks the first time a Pratt & Whitney engine was selected to power a Hawker. Hawker 1000B models were originally manufactured for customers outside North America.

As of August 2014, the Hawker 1000B market is comprised of 67% pre-owned. The percentage for sale is 50% with 67% under an exclusive broker agreement and average days on the market are 320 days.

Brief History

By the early 1990s, British Aerospace, the manufacturer of the type at this point, had two main variants of the aircraft in production; the smaller 125-800 and larger 125-1000. The 125-1000, which conducted its first flight on 16 June 1990, had several changes to give the type a reported intercontinental range, including the adoption of the newly developed Pratt & Whitney Canada PW305 engine and new digital avionics, such as FADEC. Following Raytheon’s purchase of British Aerospace’s Business Jet Division during the 1990s, the two in-production variants were re-designated as the Hawker 800 and Hawker 1000 respectively.

Worldwide Appeal

Of the 6 Hawker 1000B in operation by continent, Europe has the largest percentage at 50%, followed by Africa at 33% for a combined total of 83%. Also, none of the 6 Hawker 1000B jets in operation today are in fleet ownership. There are no Hawker 1000B that are leased.


Hawker 1000B Int JSPerformance

The Hawker 1000B is powered by two PW305 engines each offering 5,225 pounds of thrust. The Hawker 1000B uses 228 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Hawker 1000B is 2,500 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Hawker 1000B is 634 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.


The Hawker 1000B Maximum Take-Off Weight (MTOW) is 31,000 pounds (14,061 kg) with a maximum range of 3,520 nm.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 470 kts 870 km/h
Long-range Speed: 400 kts 741 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,950 ft (1,524 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,600 ft (792 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 43,000 ft (13,106 m)


A. Maximum ramp weight: 31,100 lb (14,107 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 31,000 lb (14,061 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 25,000 lb (11,340 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 19,800 lb (8,981 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 17,900 lb (8,119 kg)


Honeywell SPX-8000


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view Hawker aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.