January 19, 2015

Cessna Citation Bravo Overview (1997 – 2006)

Overview including differentiating features from other aircraft in its category

The Citation brand encompasses six distinct families of aircraft. The Bravo came from the Citation II family. As the successor to the Citation II, the Bravo features more powerful and more fuel-efficient PW530A engines, resulting in a higher MGTOW, a faster cruise speed and longer range.

As of February 2014, the Citation Bravo market is comprised of 100% pre-owned. The percentage for sale is 12.3% with 54% under an exclusive broker agreement and average days on the market are 334 days.

Brief History

The first flight of the Citation Bravo took place on April 25, 1995. The last Citation Bravo rolled off the production line over a decade later in late 2006. During that time, a total 336 Citation Bravo aircraft were built from 1997 to 2006 with 333 in operation today.

Worldwide Appeal

Of the 333 Citation Bravo aircraft in operation by continent, North America has the largest percentage at 66%, followed by Europe at 15% for a combined total of 81%. Also, only 13% of the 333 Citation Bravo jets in operation today are in fleet ownership with the largest fleet operator (NetJets Europe Ltd.) having 7 aircraft. Additionally, 5% of the Citation Bravo jets are leased.


CitBravo JSPerformance

The Citation Bravo is powered by two Pratt and Whitney Canada PW530A engines each offering 2,887 pounds of thrust. The Citation Bravo uses 148 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation Bravo is 1,587 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Citation Bravo is 278 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger and 2 crew seats.


The Citation Bravo Maximum Take-Off Weight (MTOW) is 14,800 pounds (6,713 kg) with a maximum range of 1,740 nm.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 400 kts 741 km/h
Long-range Speed: 343 kts 635 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,600 ft (1,097 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,487 ft (758 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 73.7              Approach: 91.2 Lateral: 85.2


A. Maximum ramp weight: 15,000 lb (6,803 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 14,800 lb (4,511 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 13,500 lb (4,115 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 11,300 lb (3,444 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 9,360 lb (2,853 kg)


Honeywell Primus 1000


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Cessna Citation aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.