January 13, 2016

Gulfstream G200 Overview (1997 – 2011)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G200 (formerly known as the Galaxy 1126) is a super-midsize medium-range twin-turbofan corporate jet.

As of November 2015, 65% of the G200 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 35%, new. 12.6% are currently for sale with the majority of those (74%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 326.

Brief History

Originally named Astra Galaxy, the G200 began as a product of Israel Aircraft Industries’ subsidiary Galaxy Aerospace Inc. The first flight of the Galaxy took place on December 25, 1997 and it received certification one year later from the US and Israeli aviation agencies. The Galaxy was renamed “G200” after Gulfstream Aerospace acquired Galaxy Aerospace in June 2001, 2 years after deliveries began. Production ended in 2011 with a total of 250 deliveries.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 246 Gulfstream G200 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (228) with 10% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of G200 aircraft (66%), followed by Asia (17%) and Europe (10%).


Highlights

G200 Interior JSPerformance

Two Pratt & Whitney PW306A engines power the Gulfstream G200, each offering 6,040 pounds of thrust and using 250 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G200 is 3,312 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G200 is 869 cubic feet. Typical executive configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 470 kts 870 km/h
Long-range Speed: 430 kts 796 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 6,083 ft (1,854 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,590 ft (789 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 81.7                Approach: 92.7 Lateral: 85.8

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 35,600 lb (16,148 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 35,450 lb (16,080 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 30,000 lb (13,608 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 24,000 lb (10,886 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 19,950 lb (9,049 kg)

Avionics

Rockwell Collins Pro Line 4

Resources

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Gulfstream G200 aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.