February 11, 2016

Cessna Citation CJ1+ Overview (2005-2011)

Product Overview

The Cessna Citation Jet 1+ is a turbofan-powered light corporate jet built by Textron Cessna. It was developed as an improved version of the CJ1 with the ability to fly faster plus a 100 pound gross weight increase allowing it to carry more payload over greater distances.

As of January 2016, 53% of the Citation CJ1+ aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 47% new. 8.8% are currently for sale, with the majority of those (78%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 453.

Brief History

The CJ1+ replaced the CJ1 in 2005. It shares the same airframe but has an updated avionics package. Production ended in 2011 following completion of 102 deliveries.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 102 Citation CJ1+ aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (99) with 6% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Citation CJ1+ aircraft (53%), followed by Europe (31%).


Highlights

CJ1+ Interior JSPerformance

Two FADEC-equipped Williams FJ44-1AP engines power the Citation CJ1+, each offering 1,965 pounds of thrust and using 122 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation Excel is 1,127 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Citation CJ1+ is 201 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 7 passenger and 1 crew seat.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 383 kts 709 km/h
Long-range Speed: 324 kts 600 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,250 ft (991 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,361 ft (720 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 73.5                Approach: 88.5 Lateral: 85.2

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 10,800 lb (4,899 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 10,700 lb (4,853 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 9,900 lb (4,491 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 8,400 lb (3,810 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 7,035 lb (3,191 kg)

Avionics

Collins Pro Line 21, Landmark TAWS

Resources

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Cessna Citation aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.