January 10, 2017

Gulfstream GV Overview (1996-2002)

Product Overview

The GV was the first ultra-long-range business jet produced by Gulfstream. Most notable about the GV is its 6,500 nm range made possible in part by the new BMW Rolls-Royce BR710A1-10 engines, which offer increased thrust. The GV is capable of non-stop flight from New York to Tokyo.

As of October 2016, 74% of the Gulfstream GV aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 26% new. Currently, 4.2% are for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 197.

Brief History

The Gulfstream GV began production in 1996 and ceased production in 2002. A total of 193 Gulfstream GV aircraft have been produced with all but two currently in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 191 Gulfstream GV aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (180) with 12% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of GV aircraft (82%), followed by Asia (10%).


GV Interior JSPerformance

Two Rolls Royce BR710A1-10 engines power the Gulfstream GV, each offering 14,750 pounds of thrust and using 453 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream GV is 6,708 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Gulfstream GV is 1,669 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 13 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 488 kts 904 km/h
Long-range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 6,100 ft (1,859 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,220 ft (671 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 80.3
Flyover: 89.1
Approach: 90.8


A. Maximum ramp weight: 90,900 lb (41,232 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 90,500 lb (41,051 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 75,300 lb (34,156 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 54,500 lb (24,721 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 48,400 lb (21,954 kg)


Honeywell SPX-8500 suite, HUD and Kollsman/Opgal Enhanced Vision System (ECS)


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Gulfstream aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.