March 8, 2017

Gulfstream G450 Overview (2005-Present)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G450 is a direct descendent of the Gulfstream G400/GIV-SP series. It comes with upgraded engines (Rolls-Royce Tay 611-8C) with FADEC, and redesigned thrust reverser, nacelle and pylon that, coupled with aerodynamic improvements, increase range and payload.

As of November 2016, 33% of the Gulfstream G450 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 67% new. Currently 8.5% are for sale with the majority of those (76%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 244 days.

Brief History

Flight-testing of the Gulfstream G450 started in April 2003 and FAA certification was completed in August 2004. A total of 342 Gulfstream G450 aircraft have been manufactured, all are still in operation today. Production of the G450 will end in early 2018 as Gulfstream transitions production to its new G500.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 342 Gulfstream G450 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (321) with 5 in shared and 16 in fractional ownership. 15% of the 342 are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of G450 aircraft (58%), followed by Asia (29%) and Europe (9%).


Highlights

G450 Int JSPerformance

Two Rolls Royce Tay MK 611-8C engines power the Gulfstream G450, each offering 13,850 pounds of thrust and using 401 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G450 is 4,328 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G450 is 1,525 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 14 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 476 kts 882 km/h
Long-range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,600 ft (1,707 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,663 ft (812 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 76.2
Flyover: 89.5
Approach: 92.3

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 75,000 lb (34,020 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 74,600 lb (33,839 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 66,000 lb (29,938 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 49,000 lb (22,226 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 43,200 lb (19,596 kg)

Avionics

Honeywell Primus Epic PlaneView avionics suite

Resources

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Click Here to view all Gulfstream G450 aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

Aircraft pictured is Gulfstream G450 sn 4252. Click here to view full specs and additional photos.