May 17, 2017

Embraer Legacy 650 Overview (2010-Present)

Product Overview

The Legacy 650 is an upgraded Legacy 600, which was initially based on the platform of regional commercial airliner passenger jet ERJ-145. Embraer improved upon the Legacy 600 by adding extra power and range, and enhanced avionics. An enhanced version of the Legacy 650 (Legacy 650E) was announced at the 2016 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) and is scheduled for introduction in 2017. It will include a synthetic vision system, auto throttle, and a restyled three-zone interior.

As of February 2017, 16% of the Legacy 650 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 84% new. Currently, 16.1% are for sale with the majority of those (67%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 294 days.

Brief History

Announced at NBAA-BACE in 2009 and certified in 2011, the Legacy 650 is a longer-range version of the Legacy 600. A total of 96 Legacy 650 aircraft have been manufactured with 93 in operation and three with the manufacturer.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 93 Legacy 650 aircraft in operation today. All of these are wholly owned with 0 in shared or fractional ownership. 3 of the 93 are currently leased. Asia has the largest percentage of Legacy 650 aircraft (46%), followed by Europe (29%) and North America (13%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Rolls-Royce AE3007A2 engines power the Legacy 650, each offering 9,020 pounds of thrust and using 362 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Legacy 650 is 3,919 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Legacy 650 is 1,656 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 14 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h
Long-range Speed: 425 kts 787 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,741 ft (1,750 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,346 ft (715 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 78
Flyover: 86.9
Approach: 91.7

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 53,727 lb (24,371 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 53,572 lb (24,300 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 44,092 lb (20,000 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 36,156 lb (16,400 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 31,217 lb (14,160 kg)

Avionics

The Legacy 650 includes the Honeywell Primus Elite with five LCD screens, Jeppesen charts and maps, as well as the optional XM graphical weather which are visible on the MFD (Multi Function Display). The crew also has two CMC Pilot View EFBs (Electronic Flight Bag).

Resources

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Click Here to view all Embraer aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.