September 12, 2017

Textron Hawker 400XP Overview (2004-2010)

Product Overview

The Hawker 400XP business jet is a small-cabin business jet produced by Textron Beechcraft in Wichita, Kansas, USA. It is ideal for short trips and strikes a good balance between comfort, performance, and operating costs.

As of June 2017, 61% of the Hawker 400XP were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 39% new. 13% are for sale with the majority of those (76%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 337 days

Brief History

The Beechjet 400A was built from 1990 to 2003. In 2004 the Hawker 400XP replaced the Beechjet 400A starting with serial number RK-354. Upgrades from the 400A model included an increased gross weight, a longer range, and a redesigned fuel system; however, it retained the same Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15-D engines. When production ended in 2010, it became the last small-cabin business jet to be powered by this engine. A total of 225 Hawker 400XP aircraft were manufactured with 223 in operation worldwide.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 223 Hawker 400XP aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (210) with 9 in shared and 4 in fractional ownership. 22.4% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Hawker 400XP aircraft (70%), followed by Asia (11%) and South America (11%).



Two Pratt and Whitney Canada JT15D-5 engines power the Hawker 400XP each offering 2,965 pounds of thrust and using 214 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Hawker 400XP is 1,333 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Hawker 400XP is 305 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 450 kts 833 km/h
Long-range Speed: 414 kts 767 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,906 ft (1,191 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,960 ft (902 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 89
Flyover: 93.7
Approach: 91.7


A. Maximum ramp weight: 16,500 lb (7,484 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 16,300 lb (7,394 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 15,700 lb (7,122 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 13,000 lb (5,897 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 10,985 lb (4,983 kg)


Collins Pro Line 4 avionics


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.