November 7, 2017

Global 6000 Overview (2012-present)

Product Overview

The Global 6000 is the fourth and latest business jet aircraft model built by Bombardier to compete in the new ultra-long range large-cabin market. The Global 6000 has a large spacious cabin in excess of 2,000 cubic feet and can travel non-stop over 6,100 nm. The ultra-long range market is defined as a new group of large cabin business jets that can fly 6,000 nm or greater distance.

As of July 2017, 91% of the Global 6000 aircraft were purchased new by their current owners, the other 9% pre-owned. 4.7% are for sale with the majority of those (73%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 236 days.

Brief History

The Global 6000, which started delivering to customers in 2012, traces its roots to the Global Express XRS, which was the third ultra long-range large-cabin business jet, produced. A total of 280 Global 6000 aircraft have been manufactured with 241 in operation, 5 in production, and 24 at the manufacturer.

Two new aircraft will follow the Global 6000. They are the Global 7000 and Global 8000 ultra-long-range large cabin business jets.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 241 Global 6000 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (220) with 2 in shared and 19 in fractional ownership. 8% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Global 6000 aircraft (36%), followed by Europe (40%), and Asia (18%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Rolls-Royce BR710A2-20 engines power the Global 6000, each offering 14,750 pounds of thrust and using 461 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Global 6000 is 6,124 nm operating under NBAA rules using IRF 8 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Global 6000 is 2,002 cubic feet. The Global 6000 has extreme soundproofing, a full-service galley, a private stateroom, and a stand-up shower.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 499 kts 924 km/h
Long-range Speed: 470 kts 870 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 6,476 ft (1,974 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,243 ft (684 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 83.5
Flyover: 89.7
Approach: 88.7

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 99,750 lb (45,247 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 99,500 lb (45,133 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 58,000 lb (26,309 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 52,560 lb (23,841 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 78,600 lb (35,653 kg)

Avionics

Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion-based Vision Flight Deck

Resources

Click Here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view Global 6000 aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.