December 5, 2017

Dassault Falcon 7X Overview (2007 – Present)

Product Overview

The Falcon 7X is a fly-by-wire ultra-long range business jet which flies further and faster than any of its Falcon predecessors. It features a completely new wing design including winglets, which makes the longer range possible.

As of September 2017, 27% of the Falcon 7X aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 73% new. 7.7% are for sale with the majority of those (67%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 284 days.

Brief History

The Dassault Falcon 7X was first presented to the public at the 2001 Paris Air Show and first flew in May 2005. The type certificate was received in April 2007 from the FAA and EASA and it entered service in June.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 271 Falcon 7X aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (267) with 4 in shared ownership. 9.2% are currently leased. Europe has the largest percentage of wholly owned Falcon 7X aircraft (43%), followed by North America (31%) and Asia (16%).



Three Pratt & Whitney PW307A engines power the Falcon 7X each offering 6,402 lbs of thrust and using 318 gallon per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 7X is 5,740 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The Falcon 7X has 1,552 cubic feet of cabin volume plus 140 cubic feet of baggage space. Maximum seating configuration features 12 passenger and 3 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 497 kts 920 km/h
Long-range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,760 ft (1,739 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,120 ft (646 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 83.7
Flyover: 92.6
Approach: 90.3


A. Maximum ramp weight: 70,200lb (31,842 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 70,000 lb (31,751 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 62,400 lb (28,304 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 41,000 lb (18,597 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 34,272 lb (15,546 kg)


The Falcon 7X is equipped with an integrated Honeywell Primus Epic EASy II EFIS avionics suite. It features four, large-format LCD screens and integrated navigation functions (high-definition terrain displays and graphic flight planning).


Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view Falcon 7X aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.