February 26, 2019

Citation XLS+ Overview (2008 – Present)

Product Overview

The Cessna Citation XLS+ is the third aircraft in the Citation Excel series (also including the Excel and the XLS models). It is the updated version of the Citation XLS and features improved Pratt & Whitney PW545C engines and an upgraded Collins Pro Line 21 avionics suite. Exterior and interior restyling is also integrated into the new model, most prominently the extended contour of the nose and expanded seat widths.

As of January 2019, 36% of Citation XLS+ aircraft were pre-owned by their current owner, the other 64% new. 4% are for sale with more than half of those (64%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 123 days.

Brief History

Certification for the Citation XLS+ came in the first quarter of 2008 with the first customer delivery in the final quarter of 2008. A total of 261 Citation XLS+ aircraft were built, 1 is retired and 4 are with the manufacturer.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 256 Citation XLS+ aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (251) with 5 in shared ownership. 10% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Citation XLS+ aircraft (61%), followed by Europe (26%), and Asia (7%).



Two Pratt & Whitney PW545C engines power the Citation XLS+ each offering 4,119 pounds of thrust and using a combined 211 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation XLS+ is 1,719 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Citation XLS+ is 461 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 431 kts 798 km/h
Long-range Speed: 353 kts 654 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,560 ft (1,085 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,740 ft (835 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 72.2
Approach: 92.8
Lateral: 86.8


A. Maximum ramp weight: 20,400 lb (9,253 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 20,200 lb (9,163 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 18,700 lb (8,482 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 15,100 lb (6,849 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 12,800 lb (5,806 kg)


Collins Pro Line 21


Of the 256 Citation XLS+ in operation, 231 (90%) have ADS-B Out installed.


Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view Cessna aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.