March 18, 2019

Dassault Falcon 900EX EASy Overview (2003-2010)

Product Overview

Dassault launched the Falcon 900 in 1987 and introduced the Falcon 900EX in 1996. In 2003 Dassault began offering the 900EX with the EASy digital cockpit calling the model the 900EX EASy. Based on the Honeywell Primus Epic system, EASy (Enhanced Avionics System) offers improved safety via information management features to improve overall crew situational awareness.

As of January 2019, 60% of the Falcon 900EX EASy aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 40% new. 7.6% are for sale with the majority of those (89%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 288 days.

Brief History

The Falcon 900EX EASy received certification from the FAA and EASA in November 2003 and production ended in 2010. A total of 122 Falcon 900EX EASy business jets were built, 3 are retired.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 119 Falcon 900EX EASy business jets in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (117) with 2 in shared ownership. 12.6% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Falcon 900EX EASy aircraft (69%), followed by Europe (20%).


Highlights

Performance

Three Honeywell TFE731-60 engines power the Falcon 900EX EASy each offering 5,000 pounds of thrust and using a combined 267 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 900EX EASy is 4,475 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Falcon 900EX EAsy is 1,264 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 12 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 482 kts 893 km/h
Long-range Speed: 430 kts 796 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,215 ft (1,590 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,411 ft (735 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 79.8
Approach: 92.3
Lateral: 90.5

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 48,500 lb (21,999 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 48,300 lb (21,909 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 42,000 lb (19,051 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 30,864 lb (14,000 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 26,000 lb (11,793 kg)

Avionics

Digital cockpit with Honeywell’s Primus Epic EASy (Enhanced Avionics System)

ADS-B Out

Of the 119 Falcon 900EX EASy aircraft in operation, 115 (95%) have ADS-B Out installed.

Resources

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view Dassault Falcon aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST