July 31, 2019

Cessna Citation Sovereign+ Overview (2013-Present)

Product Overview

The Cessna Citation Sovereign+ is the successor to the Citation Sovereign model. The Sovereign+ features upgraded engines, which provide a longer range, and winglets as a standard offering versus an option on the original Sovereign. The Sovereign+ also has improved take-off and landing capability and the addition of the Garmin G5000 avionics. The range is the strongest feature of both the Sovereign and Sovereign+ with Coast-to-Coast capabilities and the ability to take-off and land at short distances thanks to a moderately swept high-aspect ratio wing.

As of March 2019, 24% of Citation Sovereign+ aircraft were purchased pre-owned, the other 76% new. 7% are for sale with more than half of those (83%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 98 days.

Brief History

Production of the Citation Sovereign ended in 2013 and was replaced by the improved Sovereign+. The Sovereign+ was initially announced at the October 2012 NBAA, it first flew in April 2013 and was certified in December 2013. A total of 84 Sovereign+ business jets have been built.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 84 Citation Sovereign+ business jets in operation today and all are wholly owned. 8.3% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Sovereign+ aircraft (83%), followed by Europe (9%) and South America (7%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Pratt & Whitney PW306D engines power the Citation Sovereign+ each offering 5,907 pounds of thrust and using a combined 316 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation Sovereign+ is 3,069nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Citation Sovereign+ is 571 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 448 kts 824 km/h
Long-range Speed: 368 kts 682 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,530 ft (1,076 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,144 ft (653 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 47,000 ft (14,326 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 71.9
Approach: 87.9
Lateral: 87.8

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 31,025 lb (14,073 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 30,775 lb (13,959 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 27,575 lb (12,508 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 21,000 lb (9,525 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 18,235 lb (8,271 kg)

Avionics

The Sovereign+ uses the Garmin G5000 avionics.

ADS-B Out

Of the 84 Citation Sovereign+ in operation all have ADS-B Out installed.

Resources

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Click Here to view Cessna aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST