August 14, 2019

Global Express XRS Overview (2004 – 2012)

Product Overview

The Global Express XRS is an improved version of the Global Express aircraft, offering higher cruise speed, increased range, and improved cabin layout and lighting. The range increase is achieved by the addition of a 1,486 lb. (674 kg.) fuel tank at the wing root.

As of June 2019, 60% of Global Express XRS aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owner, the other 40% new. 10.7% are for sale with the majority of those (88%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 191 days.

Brief History

The Global Express XRS was the third business jet aircraft model built by Bombardier to compete in the ultra-long range large-cabin market. It is reported that the letters have no significance but were chosen simply to improve the brand image. The Global Express XRS entered into service in 2004 and production was stopped in 2012. A total of 163 Global Express XRS business jets were built with 2 still at the manufacturer and 2 retired.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 159 Global Express XRS business jets in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (157) with one in shared ownership and one in fractional ownership. 7% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Global Express XRS aircraft (44%), followed by Europe (28%), and Asia (15%).



Two Rolls Royce BR710-A2-20 engines power the Global Express XRS each offering 14,750 pounds of thrust and using a combined 478 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Global Express XRS is 6,163 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Global Express XRS is 2,140 cubic feet. Typical executive configuration features 14 passenger seats with 4 crew including fully berthable seats and an aft lounge/bedroom. The aircraft has a full galley and two lavatories.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 513 kts 950 km/h
Long-range Speed: 471 kts 872 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 6,476 ft (1,974 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,236 ft (682 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 83.5
Approach: 89.7
Lateral: 88.7


A. Maximum ramp weight: 99,750 lb (45,246 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 99,500 lb (44,452 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 78,600 lb (35,652 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 56,000 lb (25,401 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 52,330 lb (23,691 kg)


Honeywell Primus 2000XP


Of the 159 Global Express XRS in operation 154 have ADS-B Out installed.


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view Global XRS aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here