October 29, 2019

Falcon 2000LXS Overview (2014-Present)

Product Overview

The Falcon 2000LXS was designed as a replacement for its predecessor, the Falcon 2000LX. One of the biggest differentiating features of the 2000LXS is the model’s improved short field capability. The reduced landing distance allows for more access to airports for takeoff and landings compared to other aircraft in its class.

As of September 2019, 17% of Falcon 2000LXS aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owner, the other 83% new. 7.9% are for sale with the majority of those (71%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 129 days.

Brief History

The Falcon 2000 model initially launched in 1994 with a few variants following. In 2009 the 2000LX model was released as a longer range variant with a range capability of 4,000 nautical miles. The Falcon 2000LXS debuted in 2014 bringing the rare combined ability to travel long-range distances and also to land on short and challenging runways. A total of 96 Falcon 2000LXS aircraft have been produced to date with 89 currently in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 89 Falcon 2000LXS business jets in operation today and all are wholly owned. 19% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Falcon 2000LXS aircraft (66%), followed by Europe (26%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Pratt and Whitney Canada PWC308C engines power the Falcon 2000LXS each offering 7,000 pounds of thrust and using a combined 240 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 2000LXS is 4,065 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Falcon 2000LXS is 1,028 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 482 kts 893 km/h
Long-range Speed: 437 kts 809 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 4,675 ft (1,425 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,295 ft (700 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 47,000 ft (14,326 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 76.4
Approach: 90.5
Lateral: 91.7

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 43,000 lb (19,504 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 42,800 lb (19,414 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 39,300 lb (17,826 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 29,700 lb (13,472 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 24,750 lb (11,226 kg)

Avionics

Honeywell Primus Epic-based EASy II

ADS-B Out

Of the 89 Falcon 2000LXS aircraft in operation all have ADS-B Out installed.

Resources

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view all Dassault Falcon aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST