December 8, 2020

Cessna Citation CJ2+ Overview (2005 – 2014)

Product Overview

The Cessna Citation CJ2 and CJ2+ (Model 525A) are an upgrade of model 525 (CJ/CJ1/M2). They vary most significantly from the Citation 525 series in respect to their markedly increased range and payload capacity. The CJ2+ is an improved version of the CJ2, featuring upgraded engines which provide a slight increase of engine thrust, range, and speed. Both the CJ2 and CJ2+ can be single pilot operated.

As of October 2020, 71% of all Citation CJ2+ aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 29% new. 7.6% are for sale with more than half of those (71%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 264 days.

Brief History

The first delivery of the Cessna Citation CJ2+ occurred in 2005 and the series ended production in 2014. A total of 226 aircraft were produced with 3 now retired. The CJ2+ is the follow-on aircraft of the CJ2, which started production in 2000 and ended in 2006.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 223 Citation CJ2+ jets in operation today. The majority of these (209) are wholly owned with 9 in shared ownership and 5 in fractional ownership. 4.9% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Citation CJ2+ aircraft (56%), followed by Europe (30%), and South America (9%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Williams-Rolls FJ44-3A-24 engines power the Citation CJ2+ each offering 2,490 pounds of thrust and using a combined 137 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation CJ2+ is 1,509 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Citation CJ2+ is 248 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 8 passenger and 1 crew seat.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 413 kts 765 km/h
Long-range Speed: 357 kts 661 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,360 ft (1,024 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,658 ft (810 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 75.5
Approach: 86.1
Lateral: 89.7

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 12,625 lb (5,727 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 12,500 lb (5,670 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 11,525 lb (5,228 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 9,700 lb (4,400 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 8,030 lb (3,642 kg)

Avionics

Collins Pro Line 21

ADS-B Out

Of the 223 Citation CJ2+ in operation 213 or 96% have ADS-B Out installed.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Cessna For Sale

Click here to view all Cessna aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here
X

Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists
  • STAY CONNECTED

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.

  • STAY CONNECTED

    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.