June 18, 2021

Gulfstream G650ER Overview (2013-Present)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G650ER is the extended range version of the G650 model. It features larger fuel tanks allowing a maximum gross weight that is 4,000 pounds/1,814 kilograms greater than the G650, and providing flexibility to fly longer routes at higher cruise speeds.

The G650/G650ER fuselage cross section is a unique oval shape with 8 large (28 inch) cabin windows on each side. The wing uses greater sweep (36 degrees) than previous Gulfstream models and no leading-edge high-lift devices. Aircraft controls are completely fly-by-wire. The construction is metal for the fuselage and composite materials for the empennage, winglets and engine cowlings.

As of March 2021, 20% of the Gulfstream G650ER aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 80% new. 1.5% are for sale with the majority of those (75%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 264 days.

Brief History

The Gulfstream G650 began production in 2012 and the G650ER model entered production in 2013. In 2014 four of the 2012 G650’s were upgraded to G650ER models. A total of 266 Gulfstream G650ER aircraft have been produced/modified with one retired and one at the manufacturer.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 264 Gulfstream G650ER aircraft in operation today. The majority of these (262) are wholly owned with 2 in shared ownership. 14% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Gulfstream G650ER aircraft (58%), followed by Asia (29%) and Europe (8%).



Two Rolls Royce BR700-725A1-12 engines power the Gulfstream G650ER each offering 16,900 pounds of thrust and using a combined 415 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G650ER is 7,437 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G650ER is 2,421 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 16 passenger and 4 crew seat.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 516 kts 956 km/h
Long-range Speed: 488 kts 904 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 6,299 ft (1,920 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,680 ft (817 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 78.7
Approach: 89.6
Lateral: 88.3


A. Maximum ramp weight: 104,000 lb (47,174 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 103,600 lb (46,193 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 83,500 lb (37,875 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 60,500 lb (27,442 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 54,500 lb (24,721 kg)


The Gulfstream G650ER has a PlaneView II cockpit with Gulfstream Enhanced Vision System (EVS), Rockwell Collins Head-up display, ACARS, and Enhanced GPWS with windshear protection.

ADS-B Out and In

Of the 264 Gulfstream G650ER in operation 100% have ADS-B OUT and IN installed.

Range Report

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view all Gulfstream aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.