September 28, 2022

Dassault Falcon 8X Overview (2015 – Present)

Product Overview

The Falcon 8X has extra range—due to an additional center-fuselage fuel tank and a lighter, redesigned wing compared to the Falcon 7X. The reworked wing also keeps the 8X competitive on short runways; it needs 5,880 feet to take off fully loaded but can stop in 2,245 feet.

The Pratt & Whitney Canada PW307D engines have been optimized offering an increase in thrust with lower emissions. The 8X has a cabin altitude of just 3,900 feet at a cruising altitude of 41,000 feet. The 8X has a service ceiling of 51,000 feet

As of June 2022, 12% of the Falcon 8X aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 88% new, and there are no Falcon 8X for sale on the pre-owned market.

Brief History

Unveiled in May 2014, the latest addition to the growing Falcon business jet family entered into service in October 2016 after receiving both EASA and FAA certifications in June 2016.

Worldwide Appeal

There are currently 81 Falcon 8X aircraft in operation today. All of those (81) are wholly owned. 3.7% are currently leased. Europe has the largest percentage of wholly owned Falcon 8X aircraft (59%), followed by North America (16%) and Asia (13%).



Three Pratt & Whitney PW307D engines power the new Falcon 8X each offering 6,722 lbs of thrust and using a combined 377 gallon per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 8X is 6,235 nm with 8 passengers plus 3 crew.


The Falcon 8X cabin has 1,695 cubic feet of cabin volume plus 140 cubic feet of baggage space. Maximum seating configuration features 12 passenger and 3 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 497 kts 920 km/h
Long-range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,880 ft (1,792 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,245 ft (684 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 80.1
Flyover: 90.6
Approach: 88.7


A. Maximum ramp weight: 73,200lb (33,203 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 73,000 lb (33,112 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 62,400 lb (28,304 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 41,000 lb (18,597 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 6,800 lb (3,084 kg)


The Falcon 8X cockpit features the new EASy 3 glass-panel digital avionics, which are built around the Honeywell Primus Epic System and the Elbit head-up display, which combines enhanced and synthetic vision.

Derivative Models

Falcon 7X

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.