December 28, 2022

Gulfstream G600 Overview (2019-Present)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G600 is a sister aircraft to the G500, a smaller aircraft that was unveiled as a pair with the Gulfstream G600. Along with the Gulfstream G650ER, Gulfstream G650 and the Gulfstream G500, the G600 shares a maximum operating speed of Mach 0.925. A low cabin altitude at the aircraft’s maximum altitude of 51,000 feet and 100 percent fresh air replenished every two minutes reduce the effects of jet lag. The G600 comes equipped with Gulfstream’s Enhanced Vision System, the Intelligence-by-Wire flight system provides highly calibrated flight controls, and auto throttles and autobrakes ensure peak engine performance and smoother, safer landings.

As of November 2022, 3% of the Gulfstream G600 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 97% new. 2.2% are for sale with half of those (50%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 240 days.

Brief History

The Gulfstream G600 was first announced in October 2014 in Savannah, GA, US and it first flew in December 2016. In 2019 FAA certification was received and the first Gulfstream G600 was delivered in August 2019. The model is still being produced presently.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 89 Gulfstream G600 aircraft in operation today. The majority of those (88) are wholly owned with 1 in shared ownership. 17.8% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Gulfstream G600 aircraft (83%), followed by Europe (13%).



Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW815GA engines power the Gulfstream G600 each offering 15,680 pounds of thrust and using a combined 411 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G600 is 6,630 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G600 is 1,884 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 16 passenger and 4 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 516 kts 956 km/h
Long-range Speed: 488 kts 904 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,700 ft (1,737 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,365 ft (721 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 78.3
Lateral: 88.3
Approach: 91.3


A. Maximum ramp weight: 95,000 lb (43,092 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 94,600 lb (42,910 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 76,800 lb (34,836 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 57,440 lb (26,054 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 50,900lb (23,088 kg)


The Gulfstream G600 has a Honeywell Primus Epic integrated avionics system that features new touch-screen technology.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view the aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.