The Cessna Citation CJ3 is an upgraded and extended version of its predecessor the Citation CJ2. Its cruise speed outdoes the CJ2 with a significantly reduced fuel burn and uses natural laminar flow wings to further its Fuel-efficiency. These wings delay the onset of flow separation longer, which significantly improves the lift-to-drag performance. The CJ3 is permitted to operate with a single pilot under U.S. registry only.
As of December 2022, 83% of the Citation CJ3 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owner, the other 17% new. 4.4% are for sale with the majority of those (67%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 114 days.
The first flight of the Citation CJ3 took place on April 17, 2003. The CJ3 received full FAA type certification in October 2004. Delivery began in December of 2004. The 100th CJ3 was delivered in November 2006. The manufacturing of the Citation CJ3 aircraft is carried out on the CJ1, CJ2, CJ3 common production line at Cessna’s manufacturing facilities in Wichita, Kansas.
There are 409 Citation CJ3 aircrafts in operation today. The majority of those (378) are wholly owned with 31 in shared ownership. 6.6% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Citation CJ3 aircraft (84%), followed by Europe (9%), and South America (5%).
Two Williams FJ44-3A engines power the Citation CJ3 each offering 2,820 pounds of thrust and using a combined 166 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation CJ3 is 1,702 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.
The cabin volume for the Citation CJ3 is 286 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 7 passenger and 2 crew seats.
|Maximum Cruise Speed:||415 kts||
3,180 ft (969 m)
(SL, ISA, MTOW)
2,422 ft (738 m)
(SL, ISA, MLW)
|Maximum operating altitude:||
45,000 ft (13,716 m)
Noise Level (EPNdB)
|A.||Maximum ramp weight:||
14,070 lb (6,382 kg)
|B.||Maximum takeoff weight:||
13,870 lb (6,291 kg)
|C.||Maximum landing weight:||
12,750 lb (5,783 kg)
|D.||Maximum zero fuel weight:||
10,510 lb (4,767 kg)
|E.||Standard basic operating weight:||
8,760 lb (3,973 kg)
Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21
Citation 525; CJ1; CJ1+; CJ2; CJ2+
Of the 328 Citation CJ3 in operation in the US 99% have ADS-B OUT installed.
Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.
Aircraft For Sale
Click here to view the aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.
SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP
Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.