The Global 6000 is one of seven business jet aircraft models built by Bombardier to compete in the ultra-long range large-cabin market. Retaining the flexible wing structure of the original Global Express, the aircraft hosts one of the most comfortable rides in rough air of any purpose-built business aircraft. Compared to its predecessor, the Global XRS, it has improved acoustical insulation with cabin noise levels among the lowest in the business aircraft industry. Cabin pressurization is another strong point.
As of July 2022, 40% of the Global 6000 aircraft were purchased preowned, the other 60% new. 3.6% are for sale with the majority of those (75%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 180 days.
The Global 6000 was first announced in May 2011 and started delivering to customers in 2012. It traces its roots to the Global Express XRS, which was the third ultra long-range large-cabin business jet, produced. A total of 338 Global 6000 aircraft have been manufactured with 329 in operation, and the remainder in production or at the manufacturer.
There are 329 Global 6000 business jets in operation worldwide. The majority of those (293) are wholly owned with five in shared ownership and 31 in fractional ownership. 7% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Global 6000 aircraft (41%), followed by Europe (33%) and Asia (20%). Vista Jet Ltd. Of Malta owns the largest fleet of Global 6000 aircraft with 28.
Two Rolls-Royce BR710A2-20 engines power the Global 6000 each offering 14,750 pounds of thrust and using a combined 484 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Global 6000 is 6,124 nm operating under NBAA rules using IRF 8 passengers with available fuel.
The cabin volume for the Global 6000 is 2,002 cubic feet. Interior features include extreme soundproofing, a full-service galley, a private stateroom, and a stand-up shower.
|Maximum Cruise Speed:||499 kts||
6,476 ft (969 m)
(SL, ISA, MTOW)
2,243 ft (738 m)
(SL, ISA, MLW)
|Maximum operating altitude:||
51,000 ft (15,545 m)
Noise Level (EPNdB)
|A.||Maximum ramp weight:||
99,750 lb (45,246 kg)
|B.||Maximum takeoff weight:||
99,500 lb (45,132 kg)
|C.||Maximum landing weight:||
78,600 lb (335,652 kg)
|D.||Maximum zero fuel weight:||
58,000 lb (26,308 kg)
|E.||Standard basic operating weight:||
52,230 lb (23,691 kg)
The Global 6000 cockpit is equipped with the Rockwell Collins HGS-6000, capable of supporting both EVS and SVS background imagery with left- and right-side Class II EFBs optional. The instrument panel has four 15-inch landscape configuration displays arranged in a T-pattern.
Of the Global 6000 in operation 100% have ADS-B OUT installed.
Global Express, Global Express XRS, Global 5000
Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.
Aircraft For Sale
Click here to view the aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.
SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP
Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.