September 13, 2018

Bombardier Global Express Overview (1999 – 2006)

Product Overview

The Global Express is a large cabin, ultra long-range business jet produced by Bombardier. It launched as 1 of 4 new aircraft models built to compete in the new ultra-long range large-cabin market. The Global Express shares the Canadair Regional Jets fuselage cross-section and features an advanced all new supercritical wing with a 35-degree sweep, winglets, and a new T-tail.

As of June 2018, 77% of the Global Express aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 23% new. 9.5% are for sale with the majority of those (86%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 278 days. Over the past 12 months, the Global Express has averaged 2.3 full retail transactions per month.

Brief History

The Bombardier Global Express (BD-700) was first announced in October 1991 at the NBAA Annual Event as part of a new class of ultra long range large-cabin business jets being manufactured by Bombardier. It was designed to fly long distances at a high speed between any two points on the globe and to need only one refueling stop. The Global Express was officially launched on December 20, 1993 and its first flight was on October 13, 1996. In 1998 it received Canadian (July) and US (November) Certification with first customer deliveries in the first quarter of 1999. A total of 150 Global Express aircraft were manufactured with all but 2 still in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 148 Global Express aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (147) with 1 in shared ownership. 13.5% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Global Express aircraft (61%), followed by Europe (21%), and Asia (8%).



Two Rolls Royce BR710-A2-20 engines power the Global Express each offering 14,750 pounds of thrust and using a combined 486 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Global Express is 5,960 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Global Express is 2,002 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 11 passenger seats with 4 crew including fully berth able seats and an aft lounge/bedroom. The aircraft has a full galley and two lavatories.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 499 kts 924 km/h   (Mach 0.89)
Long-range Speed: 488 kts 904 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,820 ft (1,774 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,190 ft (668 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 82.4
Flyover: 89.8
Approach: 88.6


A. Maximum ramp weight: 95,250 lb (43,205 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 95,000 lb (43,092 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 78,600 lb (35,653 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 56,000 lb (25,402 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 50,300 lb (22,816 kg)


Honeywell Primus 2000XP


Of the 148 Global Express in operation, 103 (70%) have ADS-B Out installed.


Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected].

Click Here to view Bombardier Global Express aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.