December 11, 2018

Dassault Falcon 2000 Overview (1995 – 2006)

Product Overview

The Falcon 2000 is a twin-engine French-made business jet and is essentially a slightly smaller development on the Falcon 900 trijet, with United States transcontinental coast to coast market range.

The Falcon 2000 jet comes with fault monitoring and digital diagnostic systems, which help the mechanic in troubleshooting and repair work.  Most parts of the airplane are positioned to be easy for mechanics to reach and maintain.  The Falcon 2000 was designed to spend as little downtime in the shop as possible.

As of October 2018, 84% of Falcon 2000 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 16% new. 10.4% are for sale with the majority of those (77%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average time on the market is 196 days.

Brief History

Dassault introduced the Falcon 2000 as the Falcon X in 1989 and carried out the development of the aircraft in partnership with Alenia. The first flight came in 1993 with entry into service in 1995. A total of 231 Falcon 2000 business jets were built, 1 is retired.

The Falcon 2000 was the first private jet that Dassault designed without a physical model.  Its design was completely digital, created by Computer Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application (CATIA) software. This software helped improve aerodynamic structure and simplified the airplane’s systems.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 230 Falcon 2000 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (199) with 9 in shared ownership and 22 in fractional ownership. 8% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Falcon 2000 aircraft (78%), followed by Europe (9%), and Asia (8%). NetJets has the largest fleet of Falcon 2000 aircraft (17).



Two General Electric/Honeywell CFE738-1-1B engines power the Falcon 2000 each offering 5,918 pounds of thrust and using a combined 283 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 2000 is 3,052 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Falcon 2000 is 1,028 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed:479 kts887 km/h
Long-range Speed:417 kts772 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance:5,436 ft (1,657 m)(SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance:2,579 ft (786 m)(SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude:47,000 ft (14,326 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)



A.Maximum ramp weight:36,000 lb (16,329 kg)
B.Maximum takeoff weight:35,800 lb (16,239 kg)
C.Maximum landing weight:33,000 lb (14,969 kg)
D.Maximum zero fuel weight:28,660 lb (13,000 kg)
E.Standard basic operating weight:22,750 lb (10,319 kg)


Rockwell Collins Pro Line 4


Of the 230 Falcon 2000 in operation worldwide, 202 (88%) have ADS-B Out installed.


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view Dassault aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


The aircraft pictured in this Overview is Falcon 2000 sn 131.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here