March 27, 2020

Embraer Legacy 600 Overview (2002 – 2015)

Product Overview

The Embraer Legacy 600 is a business jet derivative of the Embraer ERJ 145 family of commercial regional jet aircraft. The Legacy 600 is considered a “Super Midsize” category aircraft offering a three-zone cabin, a large aft lavatory with two windows and a 240 cu ft aft baggage compartment.

As of December 2019, 71% of Legacy 600 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owner, the other 29% new. 8.6% are for sale with the majority of those (93%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 370 days.

Brief History

The Legacy 600 was first introduced in 2000 at the Farnborough Airshow. JAA certification came in August 2002 and FAA certification followed soon after. The model was originally announced as the “Legacy 2000” and the model name “Legacy 600” was not adopted until 2005. Production ended in 2015 with a total of 175 Legacy 600 aircraft built. One has retired.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 174 Legacy 600 business jets in operation today. Most of these are wholly owned (168) with 6 in shared ownership. 8% are currently leased. Europe has the largest percentage of wholly owned Legacy 600 aircraft (31%), followed by North America (30%) and Asia (22%).



Two AE3007A1E engines power the Legacy 600 each offering 7,953 pounds of thrust and using a combined 272 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Legacy 600 is 3,430 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Legacy 600 is 1,656 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 13 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 455 kts 843 km/h
Long-range Speed: 424 kts 785 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,614 ft (1,711 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,301 ft (610 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 79.7
Approach: 91.3
Lateral: 86.8


A. Maximum ramp weight: 49,758 lb (22,570 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 49,604 lb (22,500 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 40,785 lb (18,500 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 35,274 lb (16,000 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 30,081 lb (13,645 kg)


Honeywell Primus 1000


Of the 174 Legacy 600 in operation today, 147 (84%) have ADS-B Out installed.


Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Embraer aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.