May 29, 2020

Embraer Legacy 450 Overview (2015 – Present)

Product Overview

The Legacy 450 is a mid-size business jet, filling the gap between Embraer’s smaller Phenom aircraft and the larger Legacy 500 and 650 models. The Legacy 450 has a shorter cabin length (24ft vs. 27.5ft) and a smaller cabin volume (705cu. ft. vs. 823cu. ft.) than the Legacy 500.

As of February 2020, 14% of Legacy 450 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owner, the other 86% new. 3.4% are for sale with all of those under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 102 days.

Brief History

The Legacy 500 and Legacy 450 were announced by Embraer in April 2008. Both models were to be the first of their size with a flat-floor stand-up cabin and fly-by-wire. The Legacy 450’s first flight occurred in December 2013. Brazilian certification and FAA certification came in August 2015 with the first delivery following on 22 December 2015. Embraer increased the range of the Legacy 450 shortly after the first delivery, with a retrofit kit now available for the early build aircraft.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 59 Legacy 450 business jets in operation today. The majority of these are wholly owned (35), with 3 in shared ownership and 21 in fractional ownership. 9 are currently leased with 8 of those leased by fractional provider Flexjet. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Legacy 450 aircraft (83%), followed by Europe (14%). FlexJet – US has the largest fleet of Legacy 450 aircraft (22).


Highlights

Performance

Two Honeywell International HTF7500E engines power the Legacy 450 each offering 7,638 pounds of thrust and using a combined 236 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Legacy 450 is 2,904 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Legacy 450 is 705 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 7 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 462 kts 856 km/h
Long-range Speed: 438 kts 811 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,907 ft. (1,191 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,090 ft. (637 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 72.9
Approach: 89.9
Lateral: 84.2

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 35,891 lb (16,280 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 35,759 lb (16,220 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 32,518 lb (14,750 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 25,904 lb (11,750 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 22,983 lb (10,425 kg)

Avionics

Collins Aerospace Pro Line Fusion avionics system

ADS-B Out

Of the 59 Legacy 450 aircraft in operation, 52 or 88% have ADS-B Out installed.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Legacy 450 For Sale

Click Here to view the Legacy 450 aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here