July 27, 2020

Challenger 350 Overview (2014 – Present)

Product Overview

The Challenger 350 is a super mid-size business jet offering transcontinental range and a ten-passenger cabin configuration. An upgraded variant of the Challenger 300, this improved model offers greater engine thrust, new winglets, a different interior with 20% larger windows, and new avionics.

As of May 2020, 9% of Challenger 350 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 91% new. 3.5% are for sale with half of those (58%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 156 days.

Brief History

The Bombardier Challenger 350 first flew in March 2013 and shortly thereafter (May) was unveiled at EBACE.  Transport Canada and the FAA granted certification in June 2014, and EASA in September 2014.

A total of 355 Challenger 350 business jets have been built with 1 retired, and 10 at the manufacturer.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 344* Challenger 350 business jets in operation today. The majority of these are wholly owned (237), with 4 in shared ownership and 103 in fractional ownership. 46 are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Challenger 350 aircraft (74%), followed by Europe (19%). Netjets has the largest fleet of Challenger 350 aircraft (82).


Highlights

Performance

Two Honeywell HTF 7350 engines power the Challenger 350 each offering 7,323 pounds of thrust and using a combined 255 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Challenger 350 is 3,250 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Challenger 350 is 860 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 10 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed:470 kts870 km/h
Long-range Speed:459 kts850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance:4,829 ft (1,472 m)(SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance:2,302 ft (702 m)(SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude:45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff:75.3
Approach:89.6
Lateral:87.6

Weights

A.Maximum ramp weight:40,750 lb (18,484 kg)
B.Maximum takeoff weight:40,600 lb (18,416 kg)
C.Maximum landing weight:34,150 lb (15,490 kg)
D.Maximum zero fuel weight:28,200 lb (12,791 kg)
E.Standard basic operating weight:24,800 lb (11,249 kg)

Avionics

Rockwell Collin Pro Line 21 Advanced system.

ADS-B Out

Of the 344 Challenger 350 in operation, all 344 (100%) have ADS-B Out installed.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Challenger 350 For Sale

Click Here to view the Challenger 350 aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

*Bombardier recently released an announcement that the 350th Challenger 350 was delivered. Aircraft registries worldwide were reporting 344 total Challenger 350 aircraft delivered at the time of publication.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here