September 29, 2020

Cessna Citation CJ1 Overview (2000-2005)

Product Overview

The Cessna CJ1 model is classified in the Light Jet category with six seats and an enclosed lavatory. The Citation CJ1 improved upon the original CitationJet with an updated EFIS avionics suite and an increased maximum takeoff weight. The CJ1 can be single-pilot operated.

As of June 2020, 88% of the Citation CJ1 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 12% new. 11.3% are for sale with more than half of those (64%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 367 days.

Brief History

The original CitationJet (model 525) had its first flight in 1991 with FAA Certification in 1992 and then the first delivery in 1993. The Citation CJ1 was the second aircraft in the CitationJet/CJ series which replaced the original model CitationJet (CJ). It began production in 2000 and ended manufacturing in 2005. During that time, a total of 198 aircraft were produced with all but three currently in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 195 Citation CJ1 business jets in operation today. The majority of these (182) are wholly owned with 13 in shared ownership. 6.2% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Citation CJ1 aircraft (62%), followed by Europe (17%) and South America (13%).



Two Williams FJ44-1A engines power the Citation CJ1 each offering 1,900 pounds of thrust and using a combined 116 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation CJ1 is 1,127 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Citation CJ1 is 198 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 6 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 377 kts 698 km/h
Long-range Speed: 327 kts 606 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,280 ft (1,000 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,486 ft (758 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 73.6
Approach: 89.7
Lateral: 83.6


A. Maximum ramp weight: 10,700 lb (4,853 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 10,600 lb (4,808 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 9,800 lb (4,445 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 8,400 lb (3,810 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 6,860 lb (3,112 kg)


Collins Pro Line 21


Of the 195 Citation CJ1 in operation, 159 (82%) have ADS-B Out installed.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Cessna For Sale

Click here to view all Cessna aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here

Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.