October 29, 2020

Gulfstream G280 Overview (2011-Present)

Product Overview

The super-midsized G280 is an improved G200 model by way of a 288 nm increase in range, 4,150 pounds of added MGTOW and a reduction of 210 feet in balanced field length. This improved performance is made possible through a redesigned wing based on that of the G550 model, a larger tail and upgraded engines. Other improvements include a 17-inch longer cabin, a cabin accessible baggage compartment and an advanced avionics package. The twin-engine business jet is built by IAI in Israel and completed by Gulfstream Dallas Love Airport.

As of August 2020, 15% of Gulfstream G280 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 85% new. 8.6% are for sale with the majority of those (77%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 204 days.

Brief History

In 2005 Gulfstream began designing a follow-on to the G200 Model. The new model was initially named the G250 but in 2011 was renamed the Gulfstream G280. Production began in 2011 with full certification received from Israel and the US in September 2012. The Gulfstream G280 is still in production today with a total of 215 produced, 17 of which are at the manufacturer.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 198 Gulfstream G280 jets in operation today. The majority of these (195) are wholly owned with 3 in shared ownership. 19.2% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Gulfstream G280 aircraft (84%), followed by Europe (7%) and Asia (6%).



Two Honeywell HTF7250G engines power the Gulfstream G280 each offering 7,624 pounds of thrust and using a combined 237 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G280 is 3,646 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G280 is 888 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger seats and 2 crew.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 482 893 km/h
Long-range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 4,750 ft (1,448 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,373 ft (723 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 75.2
Flyover: 89.5
Approach: 90.5


A. Maximum ramp weight: 39,750 lb (18,030 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 39,600 lb (17,962 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 32,700 lb (14,832 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 28,200 lb (12,791 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 24,200 lb (10,977 kg)


PlaneView280™ which is based on Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion avionics. EVS II and HUD II. Gulfstream Cursor Control Devices (CCD)


Of the 198 Gulfstream G280 aircraft in operation, 198 (100%) have ADS-B Out installed.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Gulfstream For Sale

Click here to view all Gulfstream aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here

Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.