September 28, 2021

Bombardier Challenger 605 Overview (2006 – 2015)

Product Overview

The Challenger 605 is a derivative of the Challenger 604. Improvements over the 604 design include larger and higher-positioned cabin windows and a new rounded tailcone. Cockpit instrumentation was also updated with Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 suite and Electronic Flight Bag capability.

As of August 2021, 68% of all Challenger 605 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 32% new. 4.9% are for sale with the majority of those (79%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market 261 days.

Brief History

Bombardier introduced its Challenger 604 model in 1995 as a major upgrade on the Challenger 601 design. Ten years later the Challenger 605 was introduced as the next model in the Challenger series, with its first flight in January 2006. The 200th Challenger 605 entered service in October 2012 and the last was delivered in 2015. A total of 288 Challenger 605 aircraft were manufactured with one retired.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 287 Challenger 605 aircraft in operation today. The majority of those (280) are wholly owned with 5 in shared ownership and 2 in fractional ownership. 8% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Challenger 605 aircraft (60%), followed Asia (19%), and Europe (14%).


Highlights

Performance

Two General Electric CF34-3B engines power the Challenger 605 each offering 8,729 pounds of thrust and using a combined 358 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Challenger 605 is 4,047 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Challenger 605 is 1,150 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 10 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 470 kts 870 km/h
Long-range Speed: 424 kts 785 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,840 ft (1,780 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,360 ft (719 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,500 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 81.2
Approach: 90.3
Lateral: 86.2

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 48,300 lb (21,909 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 48,200 lb (21,863 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 38,000 lb (17,237 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 32,000 lb (14,515 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 27,150 lb (12,315 kg)

Avionics

Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21

ADS-B Out and In

Of the 150 Challenger 605 in operation in the US 97% have ADS-B OUT installed.

Derivative Models

Challenger 604

Range Report

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view all Bombardier aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here
X

Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists
  • STAY CONNECTED

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.

  • STAY CONNECTED

    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.