March 9, 2022

Gulfstream G650 Overview (2012-Present)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G650 has the distinction of being the fastest and among the longest range business jets ever built. The fuselage cross section is a unique oval shape with 8 large (28 inch) cabin windows on each side and the wing uses greater sweep (36 degrees) than previous Gulfstream models with no leading-edge high-lift devices. Aircraft controls are completely fly-by-wire.

As of February 2022, 33% of all Gulfstream G650 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 67% new. 2.5% are for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 72 days.

Brief History

The Gulfstream G650 began production in 2012 and is still being produced presently. It had its first flight in November 2009 and received FAA certification in September 2012. A total of 190 Gulfstream G650 aircraft have been produced.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 161 Gulfstream G650 aircraft in operation today. The majority of those (156) are  wholly owned with 3 in shared ownership and 2 in fractional ownership. 10.6% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Gulfstream G650 aircraft (47%), followed by Europe (25%) and Asia (24%)



Two Rolls Royce BR700-725A1-12 engines power the Gulfstream G650 each offering 16,900 pounds of thrust and using a combined 485 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G650 is 6,912 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G650 is 2,421 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 16 passenger and 4 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 516 kts 956 km/h
Long-range Speed: 488 kts 904 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,858 ft (1,786 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,680 ft (817 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 89.8
Approach: 88.3
Lateral: 77.5


A. Maximum ramp weight: 100,000 lb (45,359 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 99,600 lb (45,178 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 83,500 lb (37,875 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 60,500 lb (27,442 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 54,500 lb (24,721 kg)


The Gulfstream G650 has a PlaneView II cockpit with Gulfstream Enhanced Vision System (EVS), Rockwell Collins Head-up display, ACARS, and Enhanced GPWS with windshear protection.


Of the 125 Gulfstream G650 in operation with N-registration, 99% have ADS-B OUT installed.

Derivative Models

G-V, G-500, G550, and G500

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view all Embraer aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.