July 27, 2022

Learjet 75 Overview (From 2013 To Present)

Product Overview

The Bombardier Learjet 75 is the newest derivative of the popular Learjet 45XR. Compared to the Learjet 45XR, the Learjet 75 has improved avionics, redesigned winglets yielding better fuel efficiency, and upgraded engines.

As of May 2022, 32% of Learjet 75 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 68% new. 1.5% are for sale with half of those (50%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 98 days.

Brief History

Bombardier received FAA certification for the Learjet 75 on November 14, 2013 and it entered service shortly thereafter. The aircraft received the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification in September 2014 and the 100th Learjet 75 was delivered in June 2017. A total of 137 Learjet 75 aircraft have been built with 135 in operation.

The new Learjet 75 Liberty model, a lower-cost version, is now in production with the first delivery in October 2020. The Liberty lower cost is achieved by replacing 2 seats in the forward cabin with two-fold down ottomans and fold-out tables, creating an “executive suite” and an aft 4-place club.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 137 Learjet 75 in operation today. The majority of those (125) are wholly owned, with 1 in shared and 9 in fractional ownership. 8.1% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Learjet 75 aircraft (83%), followed by Europe (10%) and South America (6%).



Two Honeywell TFE731-40BR engines power the Learjet 75 each offering 3,850 pounds of thrust and using a combined 214 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Learjet 75 is 2,026 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Learjet 75 is 415 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 451 kts 835km/h
Long-range Speed: 437 kts 809 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 4,440 ft (1,353 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,338 ft (713 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 74.3
Flyover: 93.4
Approach: 87.4


A. Maximum ramp weight: 21,750 lb (9,866 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 21,500 lb (9,752 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 19,200 lb (8,709 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 16,500 lb (7,484 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 14,050 lb (6,373 kg)


Garmin G5000 avionics with upgrade in September 2018.

Derivative Models

Learjet 45XR

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.