April 29, 2024

Dassault Falcon 7X Overview (2001 – Present)

Product overview

The Falcon 7X is a fly-by-wire ultra-long range business jet which flies 5,466 nm further and faster than any of its Falcon predecessors. It features an innovative wing design including winglets, which makes the longer range possible.

As of April 2024, 54% of Falcon 7X ownership comes from the preowned market, the other 46% from new. 5% of those are for sale with the majority of those under an exclusive brokerage agreement. For those on the market, the average sale time is 150 days.

Brief History

The Dassault Falcon 7X was first presented to the public at the 2001 Paris Air Show and first flew in May 2005. The type certificate was received in April 2007 from the FAA and EASA and it entered service in June. Dassault Aviation continued to refine and improve the Falcon 7X over the years. In 2016, a newer version called the Falcon 7X Enhanced was introduced, featuring upgraded engines and other improvements.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 290 Falcon 7X business jets in operation worldwide. The majority of those (283) are wholly owned with only 7 jets in fractional ownership. None of these are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Falcon 7X aircraft (47%), followed by West Europe (25%) and Asia (7%). TXPX Aircraft Solutions Inc. (Trustee) owns the largest fleet of Falcon 7X aircraft with 19.



Three Pratt & Whitney PW307A engines power the Falcon 7X each offering 6,402 lbs of thrust and using a combined 318 gallon per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 7X is 5,740 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The Falcon 7X has 1,552 cubic feet of cabin volume plus 140 cubic feet of baggage space. Maximum seating configuration features 16 passenger and 3 crew seats. The typical cabin dimensions are approximately 39.1 feet in length, 6.2 feet in height and 7.7 feet in width, which you can divide in three living areas.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 497 kts 920 km/hr
Long-Range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/hr

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5.760ft (1.739m)
Landing distance: 2.120ft (646m)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51.000 ft (15.545m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Flyover: 83.7
Approach: 92.6
Lateral: 90.3


A. Maximum ramp weight: 70,200 lb (31,842 kg) 
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 70,000 lb (31,751 kg) 
C. Maximum landing weight: 62,400 lb (28,304 kg) 
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 41,000 lb (18,597 kg) 
E. Maximum basic operating weight: 34,272 lb (15,546 kg) 

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view the aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.