May 21, 2024

Cessna Citation Sovereign+ Overview (2013 – Present)

Product Overview

The Cessna Citation Sovereign+ is the successor to the Citation Sovereign model. The Sovereign+ features upgraded engines, which provide a longer range, and winglets as a standard offering versus an option on the original Sovereign. The Sovereign+ also has improved take-off and landing capability and the addition of the Garmin G5000 avionics. The range is the strongest feature of both the Sovereign and Sovereign+ with Coast-to-Coast capabilities and the ability to take-off and land at short distances thanks to a moderately swept high-aspect ratio wing.

As of May 2024, 24% of the Citation Sovereign+ ownership comes from the pre-owned market, the other 76% from new. 6% aircraft are currently for sale with only 2% under an exclusive broker agreement. For those on the market, the average sale time is 30 days.

Brief History

The production of the Citation Sovereign ended in 2013 and was replaced by the improved Sovereign+. The Sovereign+ was initially announced at the October 2012 NBAA, it first flew in April 2013 and was certified in December 2013. A total of 100 Sovereign+ business jets have been built in the year range 2013 – 2021.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 99 Citation Sovereign+ business jets in operation today. The majority of these are wholly owned (91%) with 9% in fractional ownership. None are currently in fractional ownership. North America has the largest percentage of Sovereign+ aircraft (77%), followed by South / Centre America (7%).



Two Pratt & Whitney PW306D engines power the Citation Sovereign+ each offering 5,907 pounds of thrust and using a combined 316 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Citation Sovereign+ is 3,069nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel. The Sovereign+ uses the Garmin G5000 avionics.


The cabin volume for the Citation Sovereign+ is 571 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 9 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 448 kts 824 km/hr
Long-Range Speed: 368 kts 682 km/hr

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 3,530ft (1,076m)
Landing distance: 2,144ft (653m)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 47,000ft (14,326m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Flyover: 83.7
Approach: 90.3
Lateral: 90.8


A. Maximum ramp weight: 31,025 lb (31,842 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 30,775 lb (13,959 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 27,575 lb (12,508 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 21,000 lb (9,525 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 18,235 lb (8,271 kg)

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view the aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.