December 13, 2016

Falcon 900/900B Overview (1987-1999)

Product Overview

The Falcon 900 was designed as a bigger, faster, longer, range version of the 50 model. It is 5.5 feet longer with a taller tail and longer wing and holds 544 additional gallons of fuel allowing it to go 700 nautical miles further.

In 1991 the standard production model transitioned from the 900 to the 900B which included more powerful engines for increased range, Category II visibility approach clearance, and the ability to operate on unprepared air strips that its predecessor could not. Earlier production 900s can be retrofitted to 900B standard.

As of October 2016, 94% of the Falcon 900/900B aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 6% new. 10% are currently for sale with the majority of those (61%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 483.

Brief History

The Falcon 900 began production in 1987 and ceased production in 1999. A total of 177 Falcon 900 aircraft have been manufactured with all but one in operation.

Worldwide Appeal

There are currently 176 Falcon 900/900B aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (168) with 8% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Falcon 900/900B aircraft (69%), followed by Europe (17%).


Highlights

Falcon900B InteriorPerformance

Three Honeywell TFE731-5AR engines power the Falcon 900, each offering 4,500 pounds of thrust and using 302 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Falcon 900 is 3,960 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Falcon 900/900B is 1,270 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 12 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 500 kts 926 km/h
Long-range Speed: 428 kts 793 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,300 ft (1,615 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 3,500 ft (1,067 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 81.9 Approach: 89.5 Lateral: 91.7

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 45,700 lb (20,730 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 45,500 lb (20,639 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 42,000 lb (19,051 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 28,220 lb (12,801 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 24,683 lb (11,196 kg)

Avionics

A Rockwell Collins avionics system comes standard with dual Honeywell/Sperry WR-800 Flight Management System (FMS), Inertial Reference System, and Air-Data systems.

Resources

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or info@jetcraft.com to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Click Here to view all Dassault Falcon aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.