June 24, 2020

Gulfstream G200 Overview (1997 – 2011)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G200 (formerly known as the Galaxy 1126) is a super-midsize medium-range twin-turbofan corporate jet.

As of May 2020, 84% of Gulfstream G200 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owner, the other 16% new. 11.6% are for sale with the majority of those (89%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 224 days.

Brief History

Originally named Astra Galaxy, the G200 began as a product of Israel Aircraft Industries’ subsidiary Galaxy Aerospace Inc. Design of the Galaxy model first began in the late 1980’s. The first flight took place on December 25, 1997 and it received certification one year later from the US and Israeli aviation agencies. The Galaxy was renamed “G200” after Gulfstream Aerospace acquired Galaxy Aerospace in June 2001, 2 years after deliveries began. Production ended in 2011 with a total of 250 deliveries of which nine have been retired.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 241 Gulfstream G200 business jets in operation today. The majority of these (232) are wholly owned, with 9 in shared ownership. 6% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Gulfstream G200 aircraft (73%), followed by Europe (12%) and Asia (11%).


Highlights

Performance

Two PW306A engines power the Gulfstream G200 each offering 6,040 pounds of thrust and using a combined 278 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G200 is 3,312 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G200 is 869 cubic feet. Typical executive configuration features 8 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 470 kts 870 km/h
Long-range Speed: 430 kts 796 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 6,083 ft (1,854 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,590 ft (789 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 81.7
Approach: 92.7
Lateral: 85.8

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 35,600 lb (16,148 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 35,450 lb (16,080 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 30,000 lb (13,608 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 24,000 lb (10,886 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 19,950 lb (9,049 kg)

Avionics

Standard avionics include Rockwell Collins Pro Line 4

ADS-B Out

Of the 241 Gulfstream G200 in operation, 219 (91%) have ADS-B Out installed.

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Gulfstream For Sale

Click Here to view the Gulfstream aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here