August 25, 2021

Gulfstream G450 Overview (2005-2018)

Product Overview

The Gulfstream G450 is a direct descendent of the Gulfstream G400/GIV-SP series. It comes with upgraded engines (Rolls-Royce Tay 611-8C) with FADEC, and redesigned thrust reverser, nacelle and pylon that, coupled with aerodynamic improvements, increase range and payload. It was designed using the G400 airframe with the G550 nose section grafted on, and the fuselage is 12 inches longer than the Gulfstream IV.

As of May 2021, 60% of all Gulfstream G450 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 40% new. 7.3% are for sale with the majority of those (92%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 288 days.

Brief History

In 2001 Gulfstream began working on the Gulfstream G450 model, an improved version of the GIV-SP. Flight-testing of the Gulfstream G450 started in April 2003 and FAA certification was completed in August 2004. The Gulfstream G450 entered service in May 2005 and production ended in January 2018.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 354 Gulfstream G450 aircraft in operation today. The majority of those (323) are wholly owned with 8 in shared ownership and 23 in fractional ownership. 12% are currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of wholly owned Gulfstream G450 aircraft (67%), followed by Asia (23%) and Europe (7%).


Highlights

Performance

Two Rolls Royce Tay MK 611-8C engines power the Gulfstream G450 each offering 13,850 (lbst) pounds of thrust and using a combined 401 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Gulfstream G450 is 4,328 nm operating under NBAA IFR 8 passengers with available fuel.

Interior

The cabin volume for the Gulfstream G450 is 1,525 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 14 passenger and 2 crew seats.

Speed

Maximum Cruise Speed: 476 kts 882 km/h
Long-range Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,600 ft (1,707 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,663 ft (812 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 76.2
Approach: 89.5
Lateral: 92.3

Weights

A. Maximum ramp weight: 75,000 lb (34,020 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 74,600 lb (33,839 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 66,000 lb (29,938 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 49,000 lb (22,226 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 43,200 lb (19,596 kg)

Avionics

Honeywell Primus Epic Plane View avionics suit

ADS-B Out and In

Of the 220 Gulfstream G450 in operation in the US, 98% have ADS-B OUT installed.

Derivative Models

Gulfstream G-V, Gulfstream G-500, Gulfstream G550, and Gulfstream G500

Range Report

Click here to view the online range map. To receive a more detailed custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons, contact us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected]

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view all Gulfstream aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY JETSTREAM RECAP

Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.

JOIN THE LIST
×
Answering Your Questions During COVID-19 Click here
X

Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists
  • STAY CONNECTED

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.

  • STAY CONNECTED

    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.