June 24, 2022

Legacy 650 Overview (2009-2017)

Product Overview

The Legacy 650 is in the family of Embraer business jets that were based on the regional commercial airliner passenger jet ERJ-145. The Legacy 650 is a derivative of the Legacy 600 model but offers a longer range and a lower alley with increased headroom. An enhanced version, the Legacy 650E, was announced at the 2016 NBAA.

As of February 2022, 55% of all Legacy 650 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 45% new. 3.2% are for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale the average time on the market is 69 days.

Brief History

The Embraer Legacy 650, a longer-range version of the Legacy 600, was announced at the 2009 NBAA annual event and was certified by the FAA in February 2011. Production of the Legacy 650 ended in 2017 with a total of 97 aircraft produced. One is retired and one is with the manufacturer.

Worldwide Appeal

There are 95 Legacy 650 aircraft in operation today, all of which are wholly owned. 6.3% are currently leased. Asia has the largest percentage of wholly owned Legacy 650 aircraft (38%), followed by Europe (34%) and South America (15%).



Two Rolls Royce AE3007A2 engines power the Legacy 650 each offering 9,020 pounds of thrust and using a combined 317 gallons per hour (GPH). The range of the Legacy 650 is 3,919 nm operating under NBAA IFR 4 passengers with available fuel.


The cabin volume for the Legacy 650 is 1,656 cubic feet. Typical configuration features 14 passenger and 2 crew seats.


Maximum Cruise Speed: 459 kts 850 km/h
Long-range Speed: 425 kts 787 km/h

Airfield Performance

Takeoff distance: 5,741 ft (1,750 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
Landing distance: 2,346 ft (715 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)

Operating Altitude

Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)

Noise Level (EPNdB)

Takeoff: 78
Flyover: 86.9
Approach: 91.7


A. Maximum ramp weight: 53,727 lb (24,371 kg)
B. Maximum takeoff weight: 53,572 lb (24,300 kg)
C. Maximum landing weight: 44,092 lb (20,000 kg)
D. Maximum zero fuel weight: 36,156 lb (16,400 kg)
E. Standard basic operating weight: 31,217 lb (14,160 kg)


The Legacy 650 includes the Honeywell Primus Elite with five LCD screens, Jeppesen charts and maps, as well as the optional XM graphical weather which are visible on the MFD (Multi Function Display). The crew also has two CMC Pilot View EFBs (Electronic Flight Bag).

Derivative Models

Embraer Legacy 600

Range Report

Contact Us at +1 919 941 8400 or [email protected] to request a custom range report including detailed aircraft comparisons.

Aircraft For Sale

Click here to view aircraft for sale by Jetcraft.


Don't miss future Jetstream articles. Sign up for our Jetcraft News mailing list to receive a monthly eblast with links to our latest articles. Click to join the 1,800+ subscribers on our mailing list.


Footer Newsletter Pop-Up

Join our mailing lists. Select preferred lists

    Join the 2000+ subscribers on our mailing list. Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news & insights, aircraft inventory updates and event information.


    Sign up below to receive the latest Jetcraft news, aircraft inventory, and event updates.