November 2, 2015
The Learjet 60XR, a mid-size cabin, medium-range business jet aircraft, is the largest of the Learjet family with new fuel-efficient engines, a wider, stretched fuselage, and a glass cockpit. Thrust reversers and single-point refueling are also standard equipment, and the aircraft features a full galley, together with an aft lav.
The Learjet 60XR fleet is evenly split in terms of whether they were purchased new or pre-owned. As of August 2015, 51% of the Learjet 60XR aircraft were purchased pre-owned by the current owners, the other 49%, new. 12.3% are currently for sale with the majority of those (71%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days a Learjet 60XR remains on the market is 478.
The original Learjet 60 was announced in October 1990 as the replacement for the mid-size Model 55C, from which it derived several of its key features. Production of the Learjet 60 ended in 2007 following completion of 3...