November 2, 2016
The wide-cabin high-speed Gulfstream G150 was designed, developed, and certified in a joint effort between Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) and Gulfstream Aerospace. The Gulfstream G150 lineage began with the Astra 1125, Astra SP, Astra SPX (1986 – 2002) produced by IAI and then Gulfstream acquired the production line and rebranded the line to the Gulfstream G100. The Astra SPX/Gulfstream 100 had the greatest speed and longest range compared to its competitors but not the cabin comfort needed for a US transcontinental mid- cabin business jet. Accordingly, Gulfstream decided to enlarge the cabin in the G100 from 304 cubic feet to 521 cubic feet in the G150.
As of September 2016, 36% of the Gulfstream G150 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 64% new. 5% are currently for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 280.
The Gulfstream G150 began production in 2005 and is still being produced presently. A total of 123 Gulfstream G150 aircraft have been manufactured with 119 of them in operation, one retired and 3 in various stages of the completion process including interior installation and exterior paint. Gulfstream Aerospace recently announced it has sold the last Gulfstream G150, marking the end of the mid-size aircraft’s more than 10-year production run. The final G150 will be delivered to a customer in mid-2017.
There are 119 Gulfstream G150 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (116) with 11.8% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Gulfstream G150 aircraft (83%), followed by Europe (6%).