September 7, 2016
The Gulfstream G280 is a twin-engine business jet built under license by IAI (Israel Aerospace Industries) for Gulfstream Aerospace. It retains the G200 fuselage design, but has otherwise been transformed with a larger wing, upgraded engines, and T-tail.
As of May 2016, 1% of the Gulfstream G280 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 99% new. 4.3% are currently for sale with all of those (100%) under an exclusive broker agreement. When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 106.
The Gulfstream G280 was initially introduced as the G250 but was renamed in 2011. The G280 was provisionally certified in 2011 by Israel and received full certification from Israel and the U.S. in September 2012. Production began in 2011 and it is still being produced presently. A total of 103 Gulfstream G280 aircraft have been produced with 93 currently in operation and 10 in various stages of the completion process.
There are 93 Gulfstream G280 aircraft in operation today. Most of these are owned outright (91) with 18% currently leased. North America has the largest percentage of Gulfstream G280 aircraft (72%), followed by Asia (14%).